A trip down memory lane....Looking back at the last 2 years we have had the highest of highs and lowest of lows. I can’t thank our community, mentors, friends and family enough for their support. Whether it’s liking our posts on social media, leaving a review, purchasing our products or sending a message of support, it means the world to us.
- March 2018: The first recipes were crafted in my apartment kitchen. I would bring Tupperware of bites to my classes and pass them around lecture halls. On the weekends, I went to fitness studios and perfectly timed when their classes finished to sample products for these individuals.
- April 2018: Started working out of a food trailer to produce more products. Got locked in a few times, but we survived.
- July 2018: Upgraded to an official incubator kitchen. All the labels were manually applied and we hand-rolled each bite. But we got this fancy Hobart mixer and it seemed like we were off to the races.
- September 2018: GOT INTO OUR FIRST STORE: Horrocks Farm Market in Lansing, Michigan. I still remember the morning I dropped off the product and set up our display, I was so excited. Then straight back to the kitchen for 14 hours to roll more bites.
- January 2019: Selling in 10 retail locations and online. Started getting a rhythm of producing, shipping and selling.
- June 2019: Our first summer at Eastern Market. The days were long, hot and exhausting, but amazing. We met so many great new customers and increased brand awareness.
- November 2019: Endless days were spent preparing for our biggest launch, winning trade shows and pitch competitions kept our motivation high. Little did I know there were still obstacles ahead.
- January 2020: BIG THINGS HAPPEN! New packaging. New Flavors. New Shape. We were working on all these changes for the past year. The biggest lesson learned is that good things take time with blood, sweat, and tears. (Wine usually helps)
- March 2020: Happy 2nd birthday! We are ready for another amazing year. Thank you!
BRITE bites team